New features and helpful navigation tips
- You can find island pages by clicking the island on the home page map - much easier than using drop down menus
- The arbutus-coloured font tells you there is a hyperlink. No more pale blue.
- We hope the font size is right for you but to meet your needs you can
- temporarily increase screen resolution (press Ctrl + on your keyboard), or
- temporarily decrease screen resolution (press Ctrl - on your keyboard)
- All pages (except the home page) have a "print this" & "share this" button in the top right corner.
- The share button links to facebook, twitter & e-mail
- Searches sort results into 2 tabs: web content and downloadable documents
- Searches can be as refined (island specific) or as broad as you like, with the toggle of a button
- To find a specific word on a page, press "ctrl + F" on your keyboard to use the mini search box.
- There is a breadcrumb under the banner that helps you retrace your steps
- A "How Do I" menu anticipates your most common questions (please suggest more!)
- A meeting document index allows you to view all public meeting documents back to 2011. Let us know if you need earlier documents.
- A meeting calendar organizes all meeting dates, agendas and minutes (one for each LTC and one for Council and its committees). Click on the circled date of the month to get details and downloadable documents for that meeting.
- Quicklinks boxes save you time hunting for high demand pages buried in the menu (please send your suggestions for your favourite - but hard to find - pages).
Adobe Acrobat ©
You will require the free Adobe© Acrobat Reader to view documents posted on this Web site. The Reader enables anyone to view, navigate and print Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF) files with their look and feel intact, regardless of what platform, browser, software applications, or printers you have. The Islands Trust's current standard is Adobe's Acrobat Reader 7.0 or greater.
For optimum viewing, you will require the latest version of either Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. If you do not have the latest versions, use the hyperlinks in this section, and download from the originating Websites. The Islands Trust's current standard is Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher.
Alternatively, if you do not have the most current version of Internet Explorer, you may use the Compatibility View available through Internet Explorer on the address bar containing the URL.
If the drop down menus, images, and text boxes won't display properly on your browser, it could be an issue with "compatibility view." You can change the settings in Internet Explorer "Tools" menu or you may see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar. Try clicking it.
To download documents from the Islands Trust website:
- Right-mouse-click on a hyper-link
- A drop-down menu will open
- Select "Save Target As"
- The "Save As" dialog box will launch
- Browse the location on your computer where you would like to save the file
- Click the "Save" button
Problem Viewing Documents
Here are some steps you should follow if you are having problems downloading:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of either Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer installed on your computer correctly;
- Ensure that you have the free Adobe© Acrobat Reader shareware software installed on your computer correctly;
- If Adobe Acrobat does not launch automatically when you click on a PDF file on our Website, un-install Adobe Acrobat and re-install or contact Adobe directly;
- Contact your Internet Service Provider; and,
- Contact your local computer systems technician in your local area or community.