The LTC identified a “Comprehensive OCP/LUB Review” as a top priority project and held an early community information meeting in April 2018 to gather ideas on the scope of the project. Support for the Islands Trust’s “preserve and protect mandate”, including a focus on strengthening relations with Tla’amin Nation and other Nations, is an overarching priority for this review. The purpose of this project is to review and update the Lasqueti Official Community Plan (OCP) policies and Land Use Bylaw (LUB) regulations, in a manner which supports community participation, the Object of the Islands Trust, strengthens relations with First Nations and addresses community land use planning priorities.
- 2018 April - Official Community Plan Review Brochure
- 2018-04-28 - Community Information Meeting Notes
Lasqueti Community Association
- 2020 January - OCP Steering Committee Recommendations Report
Lasqueti Advisory Planning Commission (APC)
- 2020-07-27 - Advisory Planning Commission Referral
- 2019-02-21 - Advisory Planning Commission Referral
- 2019-02-11 - Advisory Planning Commission Referral
Please note that correspondence which is deemed to be of a potentially defamatory nature or contains private information will not be posted.
Housing Needs Assessment Report
Housing needs assessments are the first step a community can take to understand the gap(s) between the housing needs of its people and the availability of suitable housing to meet that need. The Northern Region Housing Needs Assessment is available here.
Further information on Housing in the Islands Trust is available here.