Islands Trust - Signatory to the BC Climate Action Charter
Islands Trust is committed to the actions agreed to under the BC Climate Action Charter. By becoming a carbon neutral organization, the Islands Trust will ensure that there is no net increase in greenhouse gas emissions from its operations. Carbon neutrality has been achieved since 2012 through three steps:
- Performing an emissions inventory of our operations;
- Implementing an action plan to reduce emissions; and
- Purchasing carbon offsets to counteract emissions that cannot be readily reduced.
Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program
The Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program (CARIP) is a conditional grant program that provides funding to BC Climate Action Charter signatories equivalent to 100 percent of the carbon taxes they pay directly. This funding supports local governments in their efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and move forward on achieving their Charter goals.
To be eligible for the conditional grant, local governments must:
- Sign on to the BC Climate Action Charter; and
- Report publicly on their plan and progress toward meeting their climate action goals, including progress toward carbon neutrality
Islands Trust's CARIP report can be found at:
Islands Trust's GHG Emissions reports can be found at: