Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee October 11, 2022 Regular Meeting Highlights:
- Allocation of up to $11,000 in support of the Wildfire Management Practices workshop for the Coastal Douglas-fir and Associated Ecosystems project.
- Appreciation of the Housing Action Program Task Force’s work.
- Staff to draft bylaw that would delegate issuance of certain Development Permits to staff.
- Received the 2018-2022 LTC Term Summary Report.
- Cancellation of the November 15, 2022 SS LTC Regular Meeting. Next SS LTC Regular Meeting is on December 13, 2022.
- Adopted the Proposed Bylaw No. 526, cited as “Salt Spring Island Land Use Bylaw No. 355, 1999, Amendment No. 3, 2021.”
- Presented the 2022 Community Stewardship Awards to Kees Ruurs, Catherine Valentine and Gavin Johnston of the Salt Spring Island Natural Cemetery, and Dr. Ruth Waldick.
- Trustee Grove was acknowledged for his 11 years of service as a Local Trustee.
- Approved the issuance of SS-DVP-2022.11 at 227 Roland Road, Salt Spring Island.