Islands Trust has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic by adjusting its operations to comply with provincial health officer safety guidelines and recommendations and by helping to communicate information to the public.
Below, you’ll find information on our workplace safety plan, public office hours, meetings, updates, news releases and additional resources to help you stay safe and protected during this pandemic.
Our COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan
- Islands Trust workplace COVID-19 Safety Plan dated June 28, 2020
- Amendment #1 COVID-19 Safety Plan dated November 20, 2020
Islands Emergency Response Centres
The Province of BC coordinates agencies during a pandemic event. Regional Districts in the Trust Area have the responsibility for coordinating emergency response on the islands. For local information:
- Bowen Island Emergency Response Centre (Bowen Island Municipality)
- Capital Regional District (Galiano, Mayne, North Pender, South Pender, Salt Spring, and Saturna Local Trust Areas)
- Cowichan Valley Regional District (Thetis Local Trust Area)
- Comox Valley Regional District (Denman and Hornby Local Trust Areas)
- Regional District of Nanaimo (Gabriola and Ballenas-Winchelsea Local Trust Areas)
- Sunshine Coast Regional District (Gambier Local Trust Area)
- qathet Regional District (Lasqueti Local Trust Area)
Islands Trust Public Office Hours
Islands Trust staff remain available via email or telephone, Monday to Friday.
All Islands Trust offices are closed to walk-in visitors at this time.
Islands Trust Meetings
All Islands Trust and Island Trust Conservancy public meetings are being held electronically. Provincial Ministerial Emergency Order 192 permits Islands Trust to hold meetings electronically. Meetings are advertised on our website and notification is e-mailed out to our subscriber lists.
Islands Trust Updates and Social Media
COVID-19 Information – Trusted Sources
Anyone concerned that they may have been exposed to, or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, should contact their health-care provider, or call 8-1-1.
- Government of Canada Coronavirus Information Line: 1-833-784-4397
- Federal support for individuals and businesses
- Provincial support for individuals and businesses
For non-medical provincial information about COVID-19 (e.g. financial support options for individuals and businesses, advice regarding travel, emergency order interpretation, and any other questions) call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319), 7:30 am-8 pm, 7 days a week.
Islands Trust News Releases
- December 18, 2020 | Islands Trust Urges People to Follow Public Health Guidance
- August 31, 2020 | Islands Trust Offices Reopen
- June 24, 2020 | Travelers and Locals to Continue COVID-19 Prevention Measures
- May 8, 2020 | Trust Council Reminds People to Avoid Non-essential Travel to the Islands
- March 22, 2020 | Visitors Stay Home
- March 18, 2020 | Open for business – offices closed to public
- March 13, 2020 | Islands Trust Response to Coronavirus