The Executive Committee can sponsor fees for applications that benefit the community at large.
- non-profit agencies or organizations seeking to establish, expand or modify a facility for the benefit of the community that is consistent with goals in the Official Community Plan.
- established or establishing institutions supported by taxpayers seeking to establish, expand or modify a community facility.
- an applicant seeking to implement specific objectives of an Official Community Plan with broad community benefits.
- Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw Amendments
- Development Permits
- Development Variance Permits
- Temporary Use Permits
Submit this form, or the details in a letter, with your development application. Applicants are encouraged to file this form with or after their development application.
Previously Sponsored Applications:
In the 2018-2022 term, the Executive Committee has sponsored the following application fees:
- $4,950.00 – Denman Housing Association [Denman Green] re-zoning application fee for a 20-unit affordable housing project
- $1,100.00 – Mayne Island Early Childhood Society for Temporary Use Permit fee for operation of a temporary licensed daycare facility.
- $1,000 – Gabriola Housing Society’s rezoning application fee for a 24-unit affordable housing project.
- $4950- Gulf Islands Galisle Affordable Rental Housing Society for rezoning application fee for a 12-unit affordable housing development.
- $935 – Ruxton Island Property Owners Association for a development permit application for a 42 square meter emergency service equipment storage building
- $2,035 – Salt Spring Island Community Services’ development permit and development variance permit fees for a 24‑unit affordable housing project
- $700 – Salt Spring Tennis Association’s rezoning application fee for an indoor tennis court
- $4,950 – Denman Housing Association’s rezoning application fee for a 20-unit affordable housing development (withdrawn)
- $4,400 – Gulf Islands Seniors Residence Association’s rezoning application fee for a 48-unit seniors affordable housing project