Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee News
Subscribe to the Salt Spring Island Latest News updates and receive the latest information on official community plan reviews, staff reports, notifications and other documents published in this section.
For the latest news, please visit our home page
- April 13, 2017 | The SSILTC: requested Bylaw Enforcement provide a report on STVRs and airbnbs; requested staff provide a report regarding Ganges Village Area Planning – Harbourwalk; reallocated project monies; directed staff provide information on Development Approval Information Bylaws; directed staff provide options and project estimates for contracting a consultant for both the Affordable Housing – Cottages and the Marine Environment Protection projects; directed staff to amend Bylaw No. 355 such that boundary fences be limited to 2.4 meters in height; amended SS-TUP-2017.2 180 - Thomas Road and approved issuance; approved issuance of SS-DVP-2017.2 Margaret Avenue; and forwarded the report, “Review of Report “Safe Yield Analysis For Surface Water Resources," to SSIWPA.
- March 2, 2017 | The SSILTC amended and gave first reading to draft Bylaws 488, 489, and 490. Learn more about the Industrial Land Uses project.
- March 23, 2017 | The SSILTC requested: staff refer 295 Roland Road to MOTI regarding roadway encroachment; and the applicant for 347 Bridgman Road submit archaeological reports and staff prepare draft bylaws to amend the OCP and LUB from CA 2 to a Rural zone variant The SSILTC discussed: short-term vacation rentals, rental accommodation, bed and breakfast businesses; and rainwater catchment for the Ganges village area.
- February 9, 2017 | The SSI LTC resolved: to administer, through SSIWPA, a partnership with Royal Roads university students to investigate the potential for rainwater harvesting; to contribute $2,000 to undertake a land use inventory of SSI agricultural land; and approved issuance of a service contract to conduct an hydrology review of the sustainable yield model developed by SSIWPA Technical Working Group. Regarding a proposal to amend zoning on Lot 15 Park Drive from CA4 to R6, the SSI LTC: gave Bylaw No. 497 second reading; requested staff schedule a Public Hearing; and requested the applicant forward an archaeological report at or before the Public Hearing. The SSI LTC approved issuance of DPs for 1429 Fulford-Ganges Road conditional upon receipt of a landscaping security and for 121 Upper Ganges Road.
- January 31, 2017 | The Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee is seeking your input on continued funding for coordination of the Salt Spring Island Watershed Protection Authority (SSIWPA). SSIWPA brings together multiple agencies to work together for water management on Salt Spring Island. The Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee is requesting a $98,500 Special Property Tax Requisition for the 2017-2018 fiscal year. For more information, please see the FAQ or contact the Islands Trust at 250-537-9144.
Page last updated: 21/07/17