Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee News
Subscribe to the Salt Spring Island Latest News updates and receive the latest information on official community plan reviews, staff reports, notifications and other documents published in this section.
For the latest news, please visit our home page
- April 2, 2020 | Resolution Without Meeting (RWM) Decision Highlights:
The Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee (SSI LTC) adopted the minutes from the March 2, 2020 Special Meeting via Resolution-Without-Meeting. The Special Meeting was for a Community Information Meeting for Proposed Bylaw No. 471 (Temporary Use Permits for Residential Uses). The minutes can be found here.
- March 24, 2020 | Resolution Without Meeting (RWM) Decision Highlights:
The SSI LTC approved issuance of development permit SS-DP-2019.10 (176 Bishops Walk Road) via Resolution-Without-Meeting. The SSI LTC approved a water covenant as part of a 2-Lot subdivision (SS-SUB-2016.5, 600 Isabella Point Road) via Resolution-Without-Meeting.
- March 23, 2020 | Resolution Without Meeting (RWM) Decision Highlights:
The Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee (SSI LTC) adopted the minutes from the February 18, 2020 Regular Business meeting via Resolution-Without-Meeting.
- February 18, 2020 | SSI LTC Regular Meeting Highlights:
- amended the Coast Douglas-fir and Associated Ecosystems Project and requested staff bring back the project charter for approval.
- requested the Islands Trust Council to include a special property tax requisition for the SSI Local Trust Area in the amount of $75, 500.00 in its 2020/21 annual budget, to fund additional operation of the SSI LTC in preserving and protecting the quality and quantity of water resources within the Trust Area.
- Bylaw No. 512 – Affordable Rental Housing – Cottages Project be read a third time, as amended, and forwarded on to Islands Trust Executive Committee for approval.
- requested staff to expedite processing of an application from the Salt Spring Island Farmland Trust for a compositing facility and Burgoyne Bay.
- referred the Advisory Commission Terms of Reference to the Agricultural Advisory Planning Commission for review and discussion.
- declined amending Covenant FB102667 (Channel Ridge Covenant Amendment)
- directed staff to write a letter of support for the Salt Spring Solutions Housing Solutions Lab grant application, for signature by the Chair.
- Bylaw No. 517 and Bylaw No. 515, be adopted (154 Kings Lane, SSI)
- issued SS-DP-2019.4 (154 Kings Lane), as amended.
- approved SS-TUP-2019.8 (804 Fulford-Ganges Road) up to 3 years on the condition that the applicant seek a commercial access permit from the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
- amended Bylaw No. 520 and to send to external agencies for additional referral, and approved a seasonal cottage to be maintained as a permitted use on the Section 219 restrictive covenant SS-RZ-2018.3 (377 Seymour Heights)
- directed staff to hold a public meeting regarding Cannabis Retail Store license application for SS-LCB-2019.5 (382 Lower Ganges Road)
- denied issuance of SS-DVP-2019.5 (351 Mountain Park Drive)
Page last updated: 02/04/20