Often the best thing you can do is give your time. On the islands, local conservation groups are always looking for volunteers.
Are you interested in helping on a particular island? Call us and we will help you find a place to work with like-minded people on a cause that you love!
Businesses can also become engaged in conservation in the Islands Trust Area. These are few ideas (and you may have more) listed below.
- Host a volunteer day. Encourage employees to volunteer on a conservation project hosted by Islands Trust Conservancy
- Encourage employees to get involved by matching their donations to Islands Trust Conservancy
- Encourage employees to attend Islands Trust Conservancy events
Fundraise for Islands Trust Conservancy
Did you know that the best thing you can do to combat climate change is to protect nature? Fundraising is always needed for the Opportunity Fund in support of land conservation and acquisition throughout the Islands Trust Area. However we also have other fundraising opportunities. Learn more
Whether you’re running in a marathon, hosting a garage sale, selling homemade items, or celebrating a life event like a birthday or a marriage, Islands Trust Conservancy is grateful for every effort to raise funds to preserve and protect the Islands Trust Area.
Gifts of Stock
Of all donations, a gift of appreciated stock is the most tax-savvy. It’s cost-effective, and the most tax-efficient way to make a donation.
It’s simple: transfer stock to the Islands Trust Conservancy broker through your brokerage firm using the donations of securities form.
When the form is complete, call or email so that we know to expect the gift. If you have questions, please use the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Benefits of Donating Appreciated Securities
- When you donate stock directly to the Islands Trust Conservancy without cashing it in, you eliminate your capital gains tax bill. You can donate prescribed bonds, mutual funds, exchange-traded funds, shares, warrants, and bills and futures that are listed on the stock exchange.
- You will receive a tax receipt for the fair market value of the stock on the day of the transfer to Island trust Conservancy’s account, which will help offset your income taxes.
Please note: If you are contemplating a gift of stock we recommend that you speak with an independent financial advisor. If your advisor is not familiar with this type of gift, we would be happy to provide additional information to them.