Roles and Responsibilities
Executive Committee Roles and Responsibility
- To consider approval of all bylaws based on compliance requirements with the Trust's object and Policy Statement.
- To review and provide recommendations to Trust Council on all Trust Council bylaws.
- To work with the Chair in the preparation and facilitation of effective Trust Council meetings and to review and make recommendations on all Trust Council agenda items.
- To serve as a liaison between all Council Committees and to coordinate inter-committee communication, follow up on Trust Council referrals and Committee submissions to Trust Council via the Executive Committee.
- To assist Trustees, Council Committees, Local Trust Committees and the Chief Administrative Officer in resolving internal conflicts.
- To ensure the Islands Trust's legislative adherence with Trust bylaws, policies, procedures and guidelines, and relevant provincial and federal legislation.
- To monitor legislation of the federal and provincial government through facilitating Trust input to relevant legislation proposals and the assessment of relevant new legislation.
- To coordinate Council's legislative amendment program by maintaining a legislative change program of current and possible proposals recommending legislative changes to Trust Council.
- To facilitate the development of protocol agreements with other agencies to maximize inter-agency cooperation to pursue the Trust's object.
- To coordinate the Islands Trust policy development program and to review all policy matters presented to Council and to review all policy matters presented to Council.
- To review and provide comment on management's operational procedures development.
Organizational Strategic Planning
- To monitor the development and implementation of the Trust's work program function.
- To coordinate the development, preparation and implementation of an organizational strategic plan.
- To facilitate an ongoing Trustee training and orientation program.
- To coordinate an effective agency liaison with external government, private and non-profit sector agencies.
- To coordinate an effective public relations program through the development of targeted public communication efforts.
- To maximize effective internal communications by facilitating opportunities for Trustees, LTC's, Council Committees, Trust Council and staff consultation and information exchange and provision of services and resources.
Trust Conservancy Liaison
- To facilitate financing and service arrangement by the Islands Trust to the Islands Trust Conservancy program.
- To facilitate effective liaison between the Islands Trust Conservancy board and other Islands Trust entities.
- To facilitate feedback on the organization's and/or staff's performance via the Chief Administrative Officer and monitor appropriate follow up action by management.
- To coordinate recruitment, appraisal, discipline and/or termination actions associated with the Chief Administrative Officer in consultation with Trust Council as required.
- To review and provide input to Management's operational procedures, proposals, plans and issues.
Page last updated: 11/09/18