Islands Trust staff and trustees must comply with more than just the Islands Trust Act legislation while doing their work.
The links below take you to the BC Laws website, where you can find all BC Acts and Regulations, as well as further resources and information.
Legislation Relating to Islands Trust
- Accessible British Columbia Act
- Agricultural Land Commission Act
- Assessment Act
- Cannabis Control and Licensing Act
- Community Charter
- Farm Practices Protection (Right to Farm) Act
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Interpretation Act
- Land Title Act
- Liquor Control and Licensing Act
- Local Government Act
- Local Services Act (only applicable in very limited situations where there are no bylaws in effect
- Private Managed Forest Land Act
- Riparian Areas Protection Act
- Strata Property Act
In 2019, the Province of British Columbia passed the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act.
The Islands Trust looks forward to supporting the Province of British Columbia with the implementation of this Act in the Islands Trust Area.