This project was initiated in 2015 to identify appropriate land to be zoned for solid waste transfer facilities. Bylaws were developed after extensive community engagement and through an evaluation of best practices, the development of appropriate criteria, and inventorying existing industrial land and current sites used for waste and resource transfer stations.
*NEW! Draft Bylaws proposed for Consideration:
OCP Amendment Bylaw No. 214 - Second Reading April 26, 2018
LUB Amendment Bylaw No. 215 - Second Reading April 26, 2018
Key Background Reports:
Agency Referral Responses
Staff Reports and Memos
Project Charter - V 5.5 dated October 4, 2017
- Staff Report - April 26, 2018
- Staff Report - January 30, 2018
- Staff Report - September 21, 2017
- Staff Report - April 27, 2017
- Staff Report - November 16, 2016
- Staff Report - September 22, 2016
- Staff Memo - April 18, 2016
- Staff Report - February 15, 2016
- Staff Report - January 15, 2016
- Staff Report - November 26, 2015
- Staff Report - July 30 2015
- Staff Report - June 18, 2015 and June 18- Late Agenda Memo
- Staff Report - April 30, 2015
- Staff Report - March 26, 2015
How were the sites chosen? Structured Decision Making:
Final consultant's report: "North Pender Island Waste Management Site Suitability Final Report"
Special Meeting - Integrated Decision Making Meeting #2 - October 6, 2016
Special Meeting - Integrated Decision Making Meeting #1 - August 10, 2016
Special Meeting - Waste Management Open House - May 30, 2016
The purpose of this open house was to provide background information on the process to date, and to explain the Integrated Decision Making Process that will be conducted in August, using the updated spread sheet as a starting point.
Waste & Resource Management Commission
Islands Trust Advisory Planning Commission Conflict of Interest and Bias Guidelines
Waste & Resource Management Commission Meetings
Agenda Covers & Packages
Previously received correspondence and future submissions will be available in the public hearing binder if the bylaws proceed to Public Hearing.
In 2009, the North Pender Island Local Trust Committee considered issues related to waste management and referred the subject to the Advisory Planning Commission for advice. The following minutes provide background information and a record of these deliberations.
Comments or Questions?
We need your comments!